Ensure your website is informing and attracting new business while staying current and secure.
1. Is it immediately clear what your business offers?
2. Is it overwhelming or easy to navigate?
3. Is the text easy to read on a computer as well as a mobile device?
4. Can visitors quickly locate your contact information and address?
5. Are your office hours clearly posted?
6. Are your logos and photos attractive, clear and crisp?
7. Does your text over-inform or inspire the reader to call or visit for more information?
8. Is your shopping cart process secure, straightforward and un-complicated? Purchase a product from the site yourself to be certain.
9. Is your web address easy to type, spell and remember? You can get a new domain name (or several) without changing your website design.
10. Do you have a way to collect the information of all your visitors? Don’t miss out on visitors who will be future clients.
11. Are your happy customers increasing your credibility? Make sure you include testimonials and endorsements.
12. If you’re using social media as a strategic tool to drive traffic, make sure that your social media presence compliments your web design and overall brand.
13. Where is the access information for your domain name, hosting account and design? This is information that should be kept in a secure place that can be accessed by the entire leadership team. Not having access to your domain, hosting or design is like not having the keys to your own building.
14. Keep records on your renewal dates so you never let your domain or hosting expire.
15. Do you want to design a brand new site and start fresh? Don’t worry, this can be done can while your current website remains online so there is almost zero down time. Did you make an error in judgement with your current design and hosting? Lots of professionals and corporations have made this mistake, often delegating this important responsibility to an entry-level employee or marketing intern. If you don’t have the right person in charge of your web design and maintenance, fix that immediately. On-line or off, the design and brand of your image should be handled by a professional with marketing and branding experience.